Wednesday, September 9, 2015
Avila Beach, a little gem of a beach town on the Central Coast of California could be one of the best beach venues for families and honey-mooners alike. Taking the winding road from Highway 1 , just a side step form San Luis Obispo, we came upon one of our favorite get-away places.
Entering Avila we decided to try out the La Fonda Hotel right off the main street of this quaint little town. The La Fonda is a flattering mix of Mexican and California influences combined with brightly painted walls, Mexican pottery, tile work and cultural art throughout the warm and inviting hotel.
We were greeted warmly at the front desk and walked up to our lovely suite to take look at the view from our porch and the undulating waves of the Pacific. Each room is reminiscent of a small Casita, filled with warmth, color and texture and all the amenities that accompany a world class resort, which is pet friendly for those traveling with their fur babies.
Here is a brief overview from the La Fonda.
World-Class Amenities Include:
• Complimentary 'Hospitality Suite' featuring Fresh Baked Chocolate Chip Cookies, Freshly Brewed Peets Coffee, Tea, Fruit and Bottled Water available 24-Hours a day
• An indulgent manager-hosted Wine Reception held each evening featuring Two Local Wines & All You Can Eat Hors d'oeuvres from 5-6:30PM
• Homemade Pies, Baked Fresh every evening from 8-10PM
• Chocolate Chip Croissants prepared by a Local Bakery and Organic Orange Juice each morning from 6:30 – 11AM
• Decadent Nacho Bar featuring Fresh Fruit Virgin Margaritas, Taco Works Chips, Four Local Salsas, Corona, and Mexican Coca-Cola from 12-2PM
• Complimentary use of Movies, CD's, Books, Board Games, Magazines, Beach Chairs, Towels and Umbrellas
• VIP Welcome Basket including Restaurant and Wine Tasting Discounts
• Commemorative Arrival & Departure Gifts
What more could one desire, and if you do so desire, the amiable concierge will gladly help you plan out any other excursion that you may want to try will in the area.
The staff took great care to provide these services and more during our stay.Our favorite amenity was the homemade pie hour at 8-10 p.m. nightly.
Having met some new found fellow traveler friends, we made a point to meet up together after our many different excursions around the lovely San Luis Obispo area for this nightly occasion. As we all convened back at the hotel, we were met with the enticing smells of freshly baked pies wafting through the lobby. Such a comforting and unique backdrop in spending the remainder of our evening, while bantering back and forth about our lovely adventures, as we indulged in fresh apple, blueberry and cherry pies.
We felt right at home in a most pampered and luxurious manner. With our stomachs richly filled and warm memories engaging our minds, we made our way to our luxurious suite. Along with all the other marvelous amenities and coastal beauty, Avila beach will remain one our favorite places to retreat for some much needed R&R. Our future visits will definitely include a stay at LaFonda a hotel. This is a place that you and your furry friends with become quite “ Fond” of.