Vegas Uncork’d Presented by Bon Appétit Celebrates the World of
Culinary Arts May 6-9, 2010
More than 30 Events Headlined by 50 Celebrated Chefs Including Paul Bartolotta,
Alain Ducasse, Bobby Flay, Michael Mina, Wolfgang Puck and Joël Robuchon
Vegas Uncork’d Presented by Bon Appétit is one of the fastest-growing epicurean events in the United States, will be held May 6-9 in Las Vegas, coinciding with this year’s Mother’s Day weekend. The four-day fête features new events, new chefs and a diverse and richly enhanced program with the ultimate who’s who in the food world, celebrating the status of Las Vegas as an international gastronomic destination.
In 2009, Vegas Uncork’d Presented by Bon Appétit experienced record attendance across the board—featuring an increase in participating chefs, new business partners and sponsors, and a 17 percent spike in ticket sales year over year. Building on that momentum, this year will feature more than 30 events blending the worlds of food, gaming and entertainment in the distinct way that makes Las Vegas so memorable.
The playground for Vegas Uncork’d Presented by Bon Appétit is destination wide and features this year’s anchor partner resorts, each of which offers an enviable roster of on-site restaurants and in-house chefs: Bellagio, Caesars Palace, MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay and Wynn | Encore. Joining the lineup for the first time this year as an associate partner is The Venetian | The Palazzo. The event’s charitable partner is the Three Square Food Bank, which is dedicated to providing wholesome food to hungry people, while passionately pursuing a hunger-free community.
“Due to its extraordinary cuisine and its international draw, Las Vegas is a global destination that offers wonderful fun in a unique setting,” said Bon Appétit Vice President and Publisher Paul Jowdy. “Vegas Uncork’d Presented by Bon Appétit is a perfect opportunity to see the breadth of Las Vegas with its celebrity chefs and exquisite resorts paving the way.”
Sponsored by the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA), Vegas Uncork’d Presented by Bon Appétit is designed to celebrate Las Vegas’ ranking as the world’s most exciting culinary destination. “Vegas Uncork’d Presented by Bon Appétit celebrates our culinary scene in a way unique to Las Vegas,” said Cathy Tull, senior vice president of marketing, LVCVA. “It appeals to visitors drawn to top-tier epicurean experiences as well as the world-class resort atmosphere Las Vegas offers.”
“2009 was an extremely successful year for the program in a difficult economic climate,” said Rob O’Keefe, executive director of Vegas Uncork’d Presented by Bon Appétit. “Each year the program continues to build off its own momentum. As we enter into our fourth annual event, the growth continues as our partners and consumers spread the word that the combination of Las Vegas and its top culinary talent presents an epicurean festival not to be missed.”
Highlights of this year’s Vegas Uncork’d Presented by Bon Appétit schedule, which includes many new events, follow:
Culinary Conversation with Chef Wolfgang Puck – New to the program this year, Bon Appétit Editor-in-Chief Barbara Fairchild holds a tête-à-tête at Bellagio’s Fontana Lounge with the icon that created the world of the celebrity chef, Wolfgang Puck. Together, they trace the growth of Las Vegas as an international gastronomic destination.
Masters’ Series Dinners –This event will be hosted at Caesars Palace with Bobby Flay at Mesa Grill, Bradley Ogden at Bradley Ogden, Restaurant Guy Savoy with Guy Savoy and Rao’s with Carla Pellegrino.
· Masters’ Series Luncheons – Brand new to the line up this year are luncheons at The Venetian | The Palazzo with Wolfgang Puck at CUT, David Burke with David Burke, Restaurant Charlie with Charlie Trotter and Piero Selvaggio’s Valentino with Luciano Pellegrini and Piero Selvaggio.
Ultimate All-Star Interactive Luncheon – Step into the kitchen and play sous-chef to an all-star lineup of Wynn Las Vegas and Encore Las Vegas chefs at this incredible interactive luncheon at Wynn | Encore with Paul Bartolotta, Frédéric Robert, Alex Stratta and David Walzog.
· Grand Tasting at Caesars Palace – A delectable evening featuring 50 restaurants and 50 vintners at the wildly expanded, five-acre Garden of the Gods pool complex at Caesars Palace.
· Better by the Bay with Alain Ducasse and Charlie Palmer – Dine under the stars with a beachside barbecue at Mandalay Bay’s 11-acre tropical water environment and 1.6 million gallon wave pool. Enjoy an East Coast-inspired menu from Charlie Palmer and tastes from coastal France created by Alain Ducasse. Beach attire required. New to the program this year.
· Chef’s Table with Alain Ducasse – New to the event lineup this year is a seat at the table with Chef Alain Ducasse, considered to be one of the most renowned French chefs of his generation, at miX, high atop THEhotel at Mandalay Bay. For the first time ever, a small group of Vegas Uncork’d guests will join him as he conducts his seasonal menu changes.
· Fashion Feast: A Delicious Evening of Style and Taste at Bellagio – Haute cuisine meets savory couture––intricate details, impeccable lines and quality down to the last accessory on and off the plate. This event will deliver front row access to the most celebrated Bellagio chefs and the hottest Via Bellagio designers, while you indulge in a delectable five-course dinner accompanied by wine pairings selected by Bellagio's Wine Director and Master Sommelier Jason Smith. New to the program this year.
· Celebrity Chef Blackjack – Try your luck poolside at Encore with icons of the culinary world such as Bobby Flay, Charlie Palmer, Joël Robuchon, Alex Stratta, Kim Canteenwalla and Carlos Guia. Afterward, the excitement continues at the spectacular XS nightclub.
· Wine Immersion Experience at Bellagio – Want to know what the numbers really mean? Gain a better understanding of wine scores and ratings at a behind-the-scenes panel discussion hosted by Bellagio’s Wine Director and Master Sommelier Jason Smith at Jasmine.
· Payard Pâtisserie and Bistro Tea & Dessert Demonstration at Caesars Palace – Celebrate Mother’s Day weekend with a unique and scrumptious glimpse into the technique of this celebrated chef and his classic Parisian pastry shop. New to the program this year.
· Culinary Theatre: Two Master Chefs Collide – Rick Moonen of rm Seafood Cafe and Hubert Keller of Fleur de Lys and Burger Bar have mastered the art of entertainment––both in the kitchen and on the stage. As they prepare their favorite signature dishes and "dish" about each other, you’ll enjoy their delicious creations with a side of comedy and a cocktail or two. New to the program this year.
· Mother’s Day Brunch at L’Atelier at MGM Grand – Join Barbara Fairchild and Chef Joël Robuchon for an unforgettable celebration of mom on her special day. New to the program this year.
Many of these events are already on sale. To purchase tickets and to see more information about this year’s event lineup, please visit www.VegasUncorked.com. There, you may also opt in to receive information about additional events as they are added to the schedule.
This is one of the premier events that we cover and has become one of the most important culinaary and wine events in the United States. Vegas Uncork'd is an event that anyone who enjoys food , wine and entertainment should attend. See you there and ,
BON APPETIT !