James Halliday Rates Sandalford Wines
Sandalford Wines has once again been placed among the best of the Australian wine industry by esteemed wine critic James Halliday. I am very proud to announce we have received a '5 Star' rating and an impressive 10 wines from the Sandalford portfolio were awarded 90 points or more out of a possible 100. The '5 Star' Award is a highly coveted recognition bestowed only on outstanding wineries which regularly produce wines of excellent quality. Halliday is the authority on the Australian wine industry and his opinions are sought on every aspect of the industry.
July marked the release of Halliday's best-selling annual Australian Wine Companion (2010 edition), this year including tasting notes for 5884 wines, and profiling 1467 Australian wineries The '5 Star' rating places Sandalford Wines in the top bracket of Australian wineries and the range of wines which received scores in the 'nineties' is further testament to Sandalford's commitment to producing world class wines from the Margaret River region.
Among the high point scoring wines were the
- 2006 Estate Reserve Chardonnay 94 points
- 2005 Estate Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon - 94 points
- 2008 MRR Shiraz - 93 points
- 2008 MRR Rose - 93 points
- 2008 MRR Classic Dry White - 92 points
- 2008 MRR Unoaked Chardonnay - 91 points
- 2008 ER Sauvignon Blanc Semillon - 91 points
- 2008 Estate Reserve Verdelho - 90 points
Sandalford has also planted vines at it's Margaret River property in 1970 and this is now the main source of it's premium fruit. The 40 year old vines yield grapes of outstanding quality and allow Sandalford to produce wines that are Margaret River's finest.
Sandalford's tourism operations and facilities have also been refined over the past 15 years, which has lead to the development and success of this world class establishment. Sandalford has selected the finest wine tourism aspects from around the World, and integrated these features with Sandalford's own unique ideas and concepts into its own tourism Mecca.
These efforts have resulted in the following accolades,
- James Halliday Five Star Rated Winery 2008/09
- Paul Boulden (chief wine maker) Finalist Wine Maker of the Year 2008. Winestate Awards 2008
- Gold Plate Award 2008 (Best restaurant within a Winery)
- Most Outstanding Cellar Door Facility 2008, West Australian Wine Industry Association Awards
- Gold Medal for Best Tourism Winery 2008, West Australian Tourism Awards
For more information about Sandalford Wines you can visit www.Sandalfordwines.com and 4Winesplusmore.com